Monday, January 9, 2012

I love you, Man!


I think he's a keeper! I was having a sluggish sort of day but these threw me right back on the sunny side. Sometimes I don't know what I enjoy more, the beauty of flowers for a few days or the fun I have picking a container and arranging them?

And speaking of arranging, I have been feverishly rearranging the dining room today. I think it is the single most rearranged room in our house. Partly because I like the light in here for shooting whiteberry photos. But also because something about it always feels just not quite there even when I've just redecorated...

So we'll see where that leads. It may be a few easy changes with items around the house, or it may escalate into a full blown re-do. I've already thrown around the idea of a new light fixture and Sean did quite the exaggerated eye roll... maybe the flowers were actually a bribe or distraction?

My favorite part of summer is that I can bring in simple clippings from the yard for some easy greenery, but by mid January that feels like a lifetime ago. At this time of year even a token fern leaf in a batch of roses does not go unnoticed and appreciated.


A couple lab beakers and an antique listerine jar get some prime real estate on the counter. At heart I really really am a simple girl. No clutter and minimal accessories make small touches that much more special.


The less glamorous but just as glorious frond.

Thanks hubs!

13 comments:

Rachel Schofield - Virtual Interior Decorator & Home Stager said...

Great plate arrangement! :)

Unknown said...

The white roses are really pretty, and I like the white canister they're in too.

Becky said...

Holly you have a knack with wall decor! 2 years later I STILL have bare walls! I seriously need HELP!

Julie Chen said...

What a beautiful post! You have put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing. I love your home!

Unknown said...

Cheery and bright! I love your watermark too. I gotta figure out how to do that...

Kelly M. said...

Beautiful flower arrangement- simple yet elegant!

High Street Cottage said...

We're in California and our Roses are blooming now too, it's been very Springy weather here for January.
I keep lots of little creamers and pitchers around for the very same reason. Yours look amazing, and your Dining Room is beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's a keeper, girl! I often get the eye-rolling thing, too! My hubby has just come to accept that changing, rearranging, and upcylcing are as much a part of me as, well, football and a pint are to him. Beautiful photos as always! Much love, Lisa

Krystal Wight Armstrong said...

If you did have to change out your dining chandelier, I remember really liking your last one in there, and maybe Sean wouldn't be against it if you didn't have to get something new, but just used one you already had (if you still have it, or something else as cool in your current collection). Also, where did you come by those great Erlenmeyer flasks? If you've already said in a past post, I don't recall. Glad you have some happy new plant life in your pretty home today, too, btw :) So pretty for all of us to look at during this wintery time.
www.Andrew-and-Krystal.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Sweet flowers! Yes, he's a keeper.

JPL said...

I have been LUSTING over your chandelier. Understated, but stunning... If you are looking to replace it, let me know, as I would love to help you take that off your hands! you name the price! ha!

Terese said...

simple little arrangements like that are my favorite. love it!

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love getting surprise flowers. And all of your photos and furniture! Just spend a while wandering through your blog. Amazing work!

 
Blogging tips