Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thank You!!

Reading all your comments and suggestions over the last few days as to how we can amp up this blog of ours has been so fun and encouraging. It is actually a surprise to hear that you guys want more of the personal stuff (Wren, clothes, life, etc.) and I am so excited to incorporate more of that. I always hear complaints when other decor blogs get too off topic, but I won't confess to be a strict blogger by any means so I am happy to oblige.
It has also been very inspiring to hear that you like what we have already been doing. I am sure you have heard me say it several times here, but I am a confessed bad blogger when it comes to reading and commenting on other blogs. It wasn't always like that, but as Wren became a toddler (hence only 1 nap, if I'm lucky) and WhiteBerry has taken off, the hour or two of computer time I get is mainly devoted to emailing and writing blog posts. Which has it's good and bad side. The good side being that what you read here is 100% Holly. Sometimes when you read other blogs and like their style of writing I think it does influence you a little, I can look back on old posts and read things thinking "that soooo isn't me!". The bad side being that I have no idea what is going on blogger-land as far as what people are loving/hating.

But I am looking forward to the days when I can browse all the beautiful blogs out there for inspiration, because if Fresh Coat Friday has taught me anything it's that there is no shortage of creativity out there!
But enough about me, here's what I am looking forward to showing you.
Why I place things the way I do... because I would be lying if I said I had a plan, yet at the same time I did take the time to "hap-hazardly" spread little buds to look like they fell off naturally.
The insanity will compell you!
Photobucket
How to use the same 2 star fish in about 30 photos. It's all about shopping your own home people.
Photobucket
But in all honestly, I am actually really excited to share the details.
Photobucket
And the logic behind why I might use 30 books somewhere other than a bookshelf.
Photobucket
And how to pull together random stuff to make vignettes based on color,
Photobucket

or rather the lack of it...
Photobucket While I admit I have no training whatsoever in this field, I will say that it is 90% gut instinct. But sometimes you need to see things to get a feel for why it works and what you should look for.
Photobucket
I think our journey is going to be a fantastic one, but for now the journey will be on hold while Wren and I make the rounds at our favorite thrift stores for 50% off day!!!
Au revoir mes cheres

12 comments:

christine, just bella said...

50% off day!?? Where? Holly, you have to share this Edmonton secret :-)

Amy said...

I still don't see any pictures *pout*. Is it just me? I'm on a Mac using Safari, but never had a problem until a few weeks ago. If it's just me, I'll quick whining, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Aahhh....that was lovely to read. You sound really positive and buoyed up. I'm feeling your love!
xx

Betty Bake said...

aaah thank you - i look forward to your posts :)
wish i read them more often - but the ones i do get to read are great! I love your blog

Betty Bake Blog

liz @ bon temps beignet said...

Holly, this is why I love you blog. Yours seems effortless and approachable. A lot of other blogs out there tend to overdo it in one area or another. Usually the sweetness and chipper factor is turned up waaay too much for me. Your blog has the perfect ballance of nice, and normal. (I mean 'normal' in the nicest way possible). You seem like a girl I would be friends with in real life. Not a like an info-mercial or pep squad leader. Keep up the great work!!

Posh House Originals said...

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us on here...and what kind of treasures you score for 50% off today!

Unknown said...

AMY!!! I am sooo sorry to hear that, but you are not the only one. I seem to crash even my own sister's mac. I think it has to do with my editing program since she can't even open my emails containing photos. Just know I am trying to sort it out and greatly appreciate all your patience~

But in the meantime you may want to attempt disabling the cookies in your webbrowser. Sometimes they don't play well with certain sites.

corners of my life said...

I look forward to seeing your 50% off purchases!

Amy said...

I'm baffled about the pics too. I even tried going right to your photobucket and they still won't load. The strange thing is that they worked fine when we were living in Canada (Gatineau) and then when I was visiting my mom in Regina (on a Mac also), but now that we're settled in Bogota (Colombia), I see nothing. If I leave the page open for a looooong time, I get the tiny blue box with a question mark. Maybe I'll try loading firefox and see if that makes a different. I'll let you know.

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Your "gut instinct" is right on -- you put together beautiful things!

brookester07 said...

I love your blog!! I have said it before, I so wish I could come to Canada and just buy a truck-load of your goodies!! I think what I would love even more than that though would to be able to go shopping in your basement...I LOVE all of your staging items you use!!

Galo Fab 5 said...

I love your house! I just bought that same gold mirror at a yard sale for $3! I was so excited. The lady said it's been a few different colors and is currently white. Still deciding what to do with it.

 
Blogging tips