Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian counterparts!
We have been dealing with ongoing internet and phone problems here, which are supposed to continue until the 29th (thanks Shaw!)... so excuse any absences here in the next few weeks. The good news is that when we called to complain they credited us for the whole month, but I would rather have access to my email!
But I am going to take it as a sign from above that everytime I attempt to post Fresh Coat Friday we have a black out. For the time being I think we will pause FCF, bringing it back when time permits and the winds of fate align again. Thanks to all the ladies who took the time to submit their projects, you have some wonderfully creative minds!
My parents (aka Wren's Poppa and Nanny) have been out of town for a few weeks and feeling homesick for their baby girl. Wren has also been missing them and talks about Poppa all day long.
Photobucket
She is definitely a girly girl and becomes more like mom every day. She is in a shoe phase and will sit and try on all her shoes several times a day. Her favorite shoes are boots though, which is great now that it is fall (we looked a little crazy on hot summer days walking around with her rubber boots on).
Photobucket
Her other favorite thing these days are stamps. She gets a stamp on her hand at the end of every dance class and shows it off proudly. Unfortunately it usually washes off by the next day so I have had to start giving stamps at home for good behaviour.
Photobucket
But there wasn't much good behaviour the other day at Old Navy! We went to grab some warm fleece jammies, when Wren found this pair of boots and threw an absolute fit that she couldn't take her shoes off and put these on. After the tantrum dust settled I hid them in our pile and bought them for her... and you would honestly think Christmas came early at our house when she saw them!
Photobucket
I felt like christmas came early as well when I found this amazing old trunk while junking recently! It has the name and address of it's original owner painted on the top which I think is sooo cool. I am on the hunt for an old luggage stand now and will use it as a side table somewhere.
Photobucket
Another fun find has been these ceramic alphabet balls at Michaels! A few of you have mentioned you found them as well, but for those that haven't been to Michaels recently definitely make a trip, if only for these guys. They are in the $1.50 bins, but be sure to print off a coupon first!
Photobucket
And speaking of coupons, has anyone else not been able to use their 50% off coupon from Martha Stewart? It is only good on non-sale items, but everything in the Martha section seems to be forever priced at 30% off...
Anyways, sorry for the random ramblings and hope you had a great weekend!
Now we are on our way to my Grandparent's house, who knows what adventures and treasures will follow there (as they always do)~

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Holly! Love Wren's new boots and the trunk is amazing. Thanks for the tip on the alphabet balls - was looking for something like that and this is perfect!

Colin & Tammy said...

Hi,
Yes, I did use my M-coupon and they said that it was valid no matter what. Sale or not.
My brother ran around to about 4 different M and he got 50% plus the sale price. They bought quite a bit for 80% off.
I thought the same thing when I went in and saw everything on sale too. But, I asked the cashier and she said they have to make an exception with this coupon off the Oprah Show.
Good luck shopping. :) Tammy

liz @ bon temps beignet said...

I have the balls too! (That sounds terrible)

I used them in my Fall foyer

http://bontempsbeignet.blogspot.com/2010/10/fall-foyer.html

MUST BUY MORE!!

K said...

My Michaels gave me a hard time at first bc the 1st coupon I printed didn't say this...This coupon overrides any current Martha Stewart Crafts sale offer. That little blurb was added to the coupon a little later right above the barcode.

Unknown said...

That's cool how the suitcase has traveled to you, all the way from my homeland!

Melissa said...

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadian friend!

christine, just bella said...

Happy thanksgiving to you!

I was at Michael's yesterday with my mom and it seems like whenever there is a good coupon EVERYTHING is already on sale! Those sneaky guys are just trying to get you in the store and then there's nothing you can use the 50% coupon on!

I'm lovin' Wren's boots. I was the same way as a little girl, I used to change my outfit at least 3 times a day!

Meghan L said...

Holly, she's just beautiful! I would not have been able to resist getting those boots either. They make her outfit!

Anonymous said...

I've never commented before, but I LOVE your blog, especially the furniture make-overs. I just wanted to let you know that the coupon actually says that the 50% can override any other current sales or promos. The cashier just has to enter it manually. I almost learned that the hard way. Hope it works for you!

Joi said...

That little coat on Wren is too cute!

Angelica said...

Happy Thanksgiving Holly and family! Looks like little Wren definitely has more hair then when I last saw her and her taste in boots is absolutely fabulous. Big hugs! Angelica

Stephanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love those boots, I would throw a tantrum too if I didn't get them, so darn cute.

Melissa said...

LOVE the boots Wren is wearing in the photo....where did you score them?

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Your little one looks adorable in her boots.

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly! I saw this contest and thought it would be perfect for you and your readers: http://www.readyaimredesign.com/

Love the blog & added you to my blogroll!

becki said...

is that an "a" i see in your jar? If so I need it. I have been looking everywhere for the "a"!

ps. happy thanksgiving too ;)

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

So in love with the alphabet balls and will be hunting for them possibly tomorrow!

Silver Lining Decor said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I just recently also saw those alphabet balls at pier one. I think they were $1-$1.50 each, can't remember. Just a heads up in case you cannot find them at Michael's!

Douglas said...

So cute....I'm really bummed we live in a tropic climate and can't use such gems. I would LOVE to see someone come out with "fall"clothes for hot weather climates...cuz my girls need some boots like that! Marissa

Iris said...

I love that old trunk. I just went on Google Maps and entered the address that's printed on it. Up comes the prettiest street you have ever seen. 95 % of Great Britain has been filmed for "Street View" on Google Maps and when you click on it, you can see a beautiful mansion. Maybe this is Darnley House? It's a small world!

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

That trunk is AMAZING! What a find! And from England too!

And I need to make a trip to Michael's very soon, so I'm going to check those adorable little balls!

Debe said...

Love the trunk, actually both of them!! Wren is turning into quite the fashionista! Just enjoy your blog so very much, you have wonderful style!

Style Police said...

I live near Darnley House!! It is still standing! Love the trunk...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=darnley+house,+high+street,+upton+st+leaonards&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Leslie G said...

I love little pictures of Wren! Cameron is into shoes a lot too- he has a pair of snow boots from last winter that he has been wearing ALL of this year- even in the summer. He loves them! =) People always ask "aren't your feet hot?" He could care less!

Stacey said...

Oh, that is just the cutest little girl ever.

Anonymous said...

Hah! I bought these a month and a half ago! Love em! I just got them in the initials of my husband and I and threw them into an apothecary jar in my unfinished office. Love it!

 
Blogging tips