Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall is in the air...

As you've heard me ranting, we've been living out of laundry baskets and piles of folded clothes stacked in my otherwise empty office while our closet is mid-makeover. But I finally caved and brought up all my Fall sweaters this week, which has added more chaos to the clothing situation.
I am going to be making due with my current Fall staples for a little longer in the lead up to the kitchen reno (every penny counts!), but that will give me a good excuse to do some much needed shopping during our Winter vacation planned for December. When you live in a cold climate you pretty much have Summer and Winter clothes, and by about January you are pretty tired of wearing the same 5 or 6 sweaters every week so I prefer to do my shopping for the remaining days of Winter just after the Holidays. It breaks up the monotony just enough for me.
Photobucket
You know what I find funny? A lot decor magazines and books say to take your decorating cues from your closet. That if you see a lot of certain colors in your wardrobe you are bound to love them in your home. It probably works for a lot of people, but if my home looked like my closet it would feel like a candy store!
Photobucket
And speaking of candy... I had my hair cut about a month ago and she took off about 10 inches. It is a big change for me, and a I have been wearing my hair up and in braids lot while I get used to it. But I swear that I wear a Whippy Cake headband pretty much everyday. Depending on my mood I go bright or flirty or fun, Becki really has me hooked! I check her blog every Monday to see what headband is on sale for the week and then patiently check my mailbox daily till it arrives!! Thanks for my latest addiction Becki~
Photobucket
sweater: Gap, tank: VS Pink, Jeans: A&F, boots: Hush Puppies
Have the leaves changed in your neighborhood? If so, let me know what you've been rocking before the snow falls.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

So super cute.

i love layering for the fall season. cardigans, leggings, boots, and vests.

enjoy the season. can't believe winter is approaching...

Amber's Notebook said...

SO cute holly!!

Jill said...

I haven't commented in a long time, but I have to say that I love this post! Love the outfit, your hair color and your boots! You look great!

Jenski said...

You probably get to take advantage of the post-holiday sales shopping that way too!

Ashley Antkowiak said...

Cute! I need to go shopping....

liz @ bon temps beignet said...

If my house looked like my closet, it would be covered in denim & grey... and flip flops.
PS: I loooove the whippy cake head bands!

Shannon Dew said...

I love your headband!

Southern Blooms said...

you could do modeling! i love the hush puppies ♥♥♥

Kate said...

What a great outfit for fall! I love the bright sweater paired with the grayish jeans.

My fall obsession, boots! Yours are lovely:)

~Kate

http://all-things-kate.blogspot.com/

aLena said...

LOVE your head band... I've been wanting to get one for a while but there's so much cute choices can't decide!

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

I love your headband!

The Brick Cottage said...

Cute! Fall is my favorite season fashion wise.

Ok, I have to ask a question and it's probably a stupid question but I'm very curious. I looked up your city on Wikipedia and saw that your average temp in summer is the average temp we have in the fall (I live in the South US). So, what your wearing today is similiar to what I wore today but it was mid 70's (F) here (perfect sweater weather!). You've posted some of your summer outfits here and I just thought it was warmer there. So, my question (please forgive my ignorance)--how do you stay warm?! What feels warm or cold to you? What do you all use to heat your house with (our house is freezing in the winter!). I'm just so curious! :)

Between Blue and Yellow said...

I want those boots, I've been looking for boots like that. I know they are Hush puppies, but what store did you buy them from?

Unknown said...

Brick Cottage, Our temps are not a warm as some but we still have our hot days and they can be in the 90's (aka 30's to us Canadians). We have had a very very warm fall this year though~

I got the boots a few years ago at a local shoe store, but definitely try amazon or overstock!

The Brick Cottage said...

Thanks for answering my question! I was starting to think you were super human and I started to get a little jealous (yes, I'm weird and tend to be jealous of people who can withstand cooler temps than myself).

Lorraine said...

I am here in Alberta, so you know our leaves were changed for 5 minutes before they all blew into the bush! I love your boots, too!

Krystal Wight Armstrong said...

You are so cute, and the outfit & boots rock! I can't believe you're hair was 10 inches longer than this. Any inspiring before pics of your pretty, longer locks? I have really long hair right now & am having trouble figuring out what to do with it while I wait to get it cut, back home in Dallas come winter break. I'd love to see what pretty things you came up with when yours was longer.

Thanks & Happy Fall!

 
Blogging tips