Thursday, October 28, 2010

Some Petti things

Feeling both spooky and girly, Wren and I rocked our petti coats today.
Photobucket
We were also feeling TRES tired. I had one of the worst sleeps I can remember, and as soon as I finally drifted off to the land of nod this little bird decided to pull a kamakazi and hit the floor. We all jumped out of bed and couldn't seem to settle back in.
Photobucket
(Wren's shirt, tutu, leggings: Gymboree)
Wren doesn't appear to hold any grudges over the matter, but I cannot say the same for myself.
Photobucket
On Thursday mornings my mom comes over and picks Wren up to go to Gymboree classes so I had a few hours to myself. If it wasn't for those few hours I am highly doubtful that I would have even changed out of my PJs.
Photobucket
But we had planned a rare trip to Costco for Halloween candy with my sister, so I decided to take my fashion cues from Wren's outfit. Some days I go a little dressy and do a blazer, like this one.
Photobucket
(blazer: Gucci ; shirt: American Apparel ; petti coat: Whippy Cake ; leggings: Gap)
But most days I throw on a denim jacket to keep it casual. It is a great excuse to feel like a girl and while I get the rare blank stare, so many people stop and say how much they love it.
Photobucket
(denim jacket: Hollister)
When I wear it to our dance class on Fridays all the little girls flock to me and try to hold my hand or sit in my lap. If for that reason alone, it is my favorite piece of clothing.
Photobucket
And speaking of girly, I have a fun project and some furniture tomorrow that will bring out the little girl in all of us.

26 comments:

Allison said...

Wren is the cutest little girl! So adorable in that orange tutu! She could be a little model. She's a doll. You look adorable, too, Holly! I love your outfil! I applaud you for wearing what you want. It's a fun outfit. Great photos of the two of you! May I ask you where you found your black boots?

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Allison! She definitely has enough attitude to be a diva model~

The boots are from Juicy Couture.
Have a yummy night!

Melissa said...

you two are the cutest! I love your outfits. I think I have some petticoat shopping to do now! =)

MrsKBJ said...

Hi Holly! Great pictures! Little Wren's hair is getting long! I love your grey petticoat, I dont see it on their website. Did you get it recently? How much? Thank you.
xo,
Kelly

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelly!!
I bought it off her etsy site, but I can't find the link right now. If you email her whippy email I am sure she will be able to help you out. I can't remember the exact price but I want to say $80 or $90.

Unknown said...

Oh that is fun! I want a skirt like that now!

Jameil said...

Too cute, Holly!

MrsKBJ said...

Thanks Holly! xo

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

You two are so cute in your twirl skirts! What is sweet Wren dressing up as for Halloween?

EmTea Designs said...

That skirt is adorable! I want one! can't find the link on her page :(

Lena said...

You too are sooo cute!

Lindsey said...

2 cutie pa tooties!!

The Brick Cottage said...

I don't know which I like more--your furniture posts or your fashion posts?! You've got a great eye for style in both cases and as always, very inspiring!

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

You both are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

your grey petticoat is adorable!

Mr. + Mrs. B said...

You are both adorable in your skirts. Just so cute. I love the gray color of yours, I'm going to have to check out that site now...

the tichenor family said...

You and Wren are beyond precious! As a mama of two little boys I think a Whippy Cake Petti Coat would add just the right amount of GIRLY to my days! :)

Unknown said...

Yor two look so so cute!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You both look adorable! I want a big girl tutu!

Giggles said...

Screams artist from head to toe!!! If I saw you in costco I'd for sure comment on how adorable mom and daughter are!! I can't believe how fast she's growing...time really does fly!!

Hugs Giggles

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Great outfits on both of you!

Tomas and Jones said...

Wow, tres cute, tres pretty & tres chic indeed! Think a tutu is now firmly on quite a few shopping lists!

U r both too cute for words! Sleep or no sleep! ;)

corners of my life said...

Wren's costume is a perfect compliment to her hair.

Stacy of KSW said...

You guys are adorable. I am truly loving all the posts with peeks in to your life & wardrobe. You have such a unique style & I just love to see what you're going to come up with next. Hope you had a Happy Halloween

Amber's Notebook said...

omg holly!! SO cute!

Hallie said...

I was inspired by your outfit and bought and wore a petticoat this weekend! Love it!

 
Blogging tips