Saturday, November 28, 2009

There are a couple new additions to the master bedroom, although there is still a lot of details to finish up. But I'd thought I would give you a sneak peak!

Yesterday my sister and I stumbled across an incredible sale going on at Urban Outfitters, an extra 50% off sale home decor! This pillow was the perfect color and shape, and was only $10! I also got an adorable duvet quilt that is made of various blue men's dress shirts for Wren's future big girl bed, marked down from $260 to $20! If you are near a store definitely make a trip.


The other addition has been the transformation of this dresser:

We went with a cool white/grey, but when I distressed it I discovered that it was once painted turquoise when it started to show through the edges. I absolutley love the much blogged about Brockhampton handles from Anthropologie and as soon as this dresser was finished I thought they would be perfect! Kinda pricey, but I lucked out when the two top handles rang up at $7.95 instead of $22.
Of course I had to leave with a few new outfits as well, which is why it is WAYYY too dangerous for me to buy most of my hardware there...

Now I just have to put it in place and move a couple other things around (somehow that sounds much easier than I know it will be...)
Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVEEEE the cushion!!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

The dresser transformation is fantastic! Love, love, love the hardware. I was only in an Anthropologie store once and it blew me away.
Great finds too on the bedding.

Mary said...

I am crazy in love with those handles! I have been a bit obsessed with them since I saw them at Anthro a couple months ago. Can't wait to see the chest in place...oh, and that is a fabulous pillow, too! Great shape since you have so many straight edges with the headboard and outline of the gray/white wall. Great choice! ~mary~

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I'm soo jealous of the pillow! They aren't on sale online = (.

The hardware on the dresser is just darling. I might have to find something similar for my son's room!

Amanda said...

Holly I swear I'm going to run out of compliments on all of the wonderful things you do one day! That dresser nightstand is perfection with those amazing pulls and what a pretty shape it has for your romantic master bedroom.

All of your deals are so exciting! In my ever so hopeful state of mind I'm going to search for a photo of the duvet you found for Wren's big girl room since I need something fabulous and inspirational for my big boy's room! :)

Can I beg you to stop by my blog and offer your opinion when you get a chance? I have a few kitchen and living room ideas I've posted about and would love love love the opinion of someone whose own home is so beautiful... along with anyone elses of course. ;)

Thanks so much for always sharing great ideas!

gillar girl said...

Thanks for the tip on Urban Outfitters! I will definitely be stopping by! That pillow is just perfect. . . love it.

Jen said...

Okay, you are officially the best shopper on my must read blog list. I am seriously impressed. Love, love, love the dresser. Your sense of style is enviable....digging the handles. Must show the outfits that you purchased as well! Keep up the inspiring work.

Krystal Wight Armstrong said...

Super cool handle pulls! And I'm with Jen, show us your cute outfit finds! Would love to see the duvet, too...sounds pretty fun. :)

Little Lovables said...

love the pillow, I have been looking for one like that for ages, and you got it at a steal! and wow, the hardware is amazing

My Galveston Cottage said...

love the pulls! how fun.

Sara said...

what color is on the wall??

The Midwest Cottage said...

I LOVE THIS DRESSER! I got one the other day on Craigslist for only $10. I painted it today. Waiting for it to dry before I put the hardware back on. I can't wait to post it on my blog! Once again you inspire me!!

 
Blogging tips