Sunday, November 8, 2009

For months now I have kind of felt that our powder room mirror just wasn't 'cool'. It is a rectangular mirror with a cream-colored frame. Totally me, right? Nope! It just blends into the wall too much and since it is a small room I need to make every item count. I recently purchased two gilded mirrors, one oval shaped and one kind of a funky curvy oval. I haven't decided which one to put in there, or if either need a coat of paint so I will be holding a poll this week on the matter. But in the meantime here are some beautiful antique mirrors in bathrooms.

I think one of our upstairs bathrooms need this wall! I have amassed a collection of bevelled mirrors that have yet to be hung anywhere and this is awefully breathtaking!
(image from Martha Stewart)

The idea of two mirrors is very intriguing, and this may just work in our bathroom because the vanity is up against two walls... but I do think you need two identical ones so scratch that thought.

(country living)
Not a bathroom, but just had to include this beauty.

So cool! I think this must have come off a sideboard.


(absolutely beautiful things)
Have a relaxing Sunday night!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooh that first pic is AMAZING!

The Real Estate Talker said...

Please show us the mirrors you are going to use. Is your dog a Pekinese? My grandmother use to raise Pekinese's and I grew up having many of these dogs.
Our first one was named Chinky, loved her to pieces.
Cheryl

Krystal Wight Armstrong said...

Before I saw the caption, I honeslty assumed the last 2 photos were from your house, it looks like one of your furniture peices. I liked it a lot :)

In reference to the 2nd photo-
I had a bathroom once with one larger wall mirror from the sink vanity up to almost the ceiling (not a very tall room), and the adjoinging wall on the right hand had a medicine cabinet at eye-level that was mirrored, and a little wooden shelf with hooks under it was just below that. I really loved being able to open the cabinet door to different angles to see all the angles of my hair and makeup...not sure how awesome desgin-wise it can be done though. It was just great for practical purposes.

Love Being A Nonny said...

I LOVE all those mirrors on that bathroom wall!

Unknown said...

I promise to share tomorrow Cheryl~ Hubby stole my camera today though :(

Our MungKee is indeed a peke! He is now retired, but he was a CKC champion show dog so we just don't have the heart to trim his hair even though it is practically a full time job. He is quite a character.
I LOVE your peke's name. So cute! MungKee's real name also references their chinese heritage, his full name is:
Pagoda Palace Kapuchin Mung Kee.

And I was totally thinking the same thing Krystal. Guests would LOVE checking their hair and make up in there.

Unknown said...

Oh!!! Beautiful mirrors.
Hugs
Charo

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

The first picture is beautiful. I have a couple of mirrors that I hang in my daughter's room.

Ethel Edith said...

I love the look of the two mirrors side by side. I think with the right two you could totally pull it off with them not even matching. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

susan said so said...

The gorgeous piece over the bathtub is an:
overmantel n. A decorative structure or an ornamental panel situated above a mantelpiece.

It looks like it probably came from the Victorian era. Beautiful!!

xox,
Susan

confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com

La Petite Gallery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
La Petite Gallery said...

If I were you I would Paint or wallpaper first then the mirror
may look better or paint the frame after or Jewel the thing..
Would like to see the mirror
if Antique.. ya may have to change light fixture.

prashant said...

the last 2 photos were from your house, it looks like one of your furniture peices. I liked it a lot :
Work From Home

 
Blogging tips