Friday, November 20, 2009

It is days like yesterday and today I am very thankful to have hundreds of blog friends. Your ideas, comments and suggestions got my creative juices flowing, perhaps even bubbling over! I immediately set out into the garage to choose a couple mismatched dressers that will be used as nightstands (TONS of you suggested it, so it must be right). I, too, have been baffled as to window coverings and creating weight on the opposite side of the room.
Here is a before shot of a dresser I am working on right now for one side:

And Sean was tickled pink to hear so many of you echo his instincts to leave the headboard up, which is currently the plan. Although Mary's recent post over at Vintage Home & Garden featuring an old door as a headboard really has me floored.
Can't wait to share what I come up with!

10 comments:

MrsKBJ said...

I had to go back and looks at your bedroom pictures, I didn't even notice you didn't have night stands. I was too focused on the wall. head board, and painting. I agree, the night stands are going to pull it all together. Also, I have seen those door head boards and love them, if we ever have a guest room I want to do that. Right now we have a futon for guests.

Mary said...

Oh, Holly...you are just so sweet for giving me a little shout out. Its hard finding your way in this vast blogland, so I am thrilled to find a friend like you! And yes, isn't that room I posted about fantastic?! That headboard is unreal. I am in LOVE with that whole little cottage! I can't wait to see what you come up with for nightstands! I know they will be stunning! ~mary~

Amanda said...

Holly, as usual the piece you plan to use is absolutely lovely and perfect. Dressers! What a great idea and perfect for tons of added storage. Can't wait to see them in the bedroom...

~ Regan said...

That dresser will look terrific. Have you thought of using a round one on the other side?
Love that headboard! you MUST keep it! :)

Kirsten Krason said...

I also love the headboard. that dresser is so pretty.

Free Art Printables said...

I love the shape on this dresser!!!

Rebecca said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are going to do this!!! I actually cannot wait to see when you have both done....have you picked one for the other side yet? Are you gonna paint them slightly different colours? I have two matching wood ones on either side of our bed and have been wanting to make them look like they dont match each other...to give the room a little more interest....
oh ya! and Jessica called me as soon as she saw your post on your new charcoal wall....she is in LOVE!!! You are so inspiring!

~Grace Happens~ said...

Love the idea of dressers! I can't wait to see results:) Wish you lived in Cali, I would buy ALL your stuff!!!

Annie said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with! I think the night stands is definitely the way to go. I have to admit - Mary's post with the door headboard is to die for too!

Amanda C. said...

just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog! and that your home is beautiful! you have such amazing ideas!

Ciao!
Amanda

 
Blogging tips