Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sorry we've been MIA the last couple of days. Sean works weekends and Wren and I have been busy with our New Mom's group and some errands. But we have much to share!

We are done with the main floor powder room! We are still looking for some artwork, but we want to wait until we see the perfect piece(s), whatever that may be. I also have yet to paint the frame on the new mirror. I am thinking of either doing grey or perhaps a celadon green? who knows. but otherwise we can check that room off our list.
Since it is a small room it is very awkward to snap good pictures, so bear with us LOL.



I found these metal starfish at one of my favorite stores yesterday, aren't they cute???


This is the wall in desperate need of some character:
I also decided that the old table at the foyer was getting boring so we moved our old dining room buffet over here. I think it grounds the area much better (ignore to black scuff I need to touch up on the front of it).

12 comments:

bryn alexandra said...

Ohhh everything looks sooo good! I love it!

You know what I imagine on that big blank wall? This may sound crazy.... but a big tall mirror, maybe a leaning mirror. Yeah it sounds a little weird, but it would fill that empty wall so well and it'd be perfect for when you have guests over and they want to check their outfit. It'd be like a restaurant bathroom :)

Sa-Sea said...

I LOVE it!!!! everything always looks so fresh and clean! Check out anthropology.com and they have A HUGE SALE on glass door knobs that would match all your style. I am DEF picking up a few!!!!
have a great day! oh, did you get your package yet? Can't wait to hear what you think!

Lynett said...

The bathroom looks gorgeous! I wish I had your ability to work with white so well. I absolutely love it.

Lori Z said...

I love the starfish!

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Very pretty! I love the glass shelf. I've been trying to figure out what to hang over our toilet and wonder if more than one of those would look good. Hmmm ...

Anyway, looks great! Love the ocean picture!

Jajababy said...

Wow. Your bathroom looks so serene, plus I am loving the pedestal sink.

Unknown said...

Hi there, first time to your blog! Your style is so beautiful! Love the bathroom and your touches!

###### said...

great job Holly...you know your decor skills are the bomb girl!

Pretty Little Things for Home & Life said...

Great job with moving the buffet to the front entrance. Looks great! Loving the powder room so far! I believe that's the same pedestal sink I have my eye on for the 1/2 bath when we finish our basement!

e dot said...

beautiful!

what model is your sink?

Jess said...

Love those starfish! I think my husband would have a fit if I bought any more shells or starfish-- I stocked up at Pottery Barn last season-- BUT they are all white and these are silver! Maybe there is hope I can convice him that these are totally worthy of purchase :-)

Blue Turtle said...

Overall it's soo gorgeous. Nicely designed and made. This will surely be a candidate for the masters bedroom of my planned dream house.

N.C.
writer @ chandeliers

 
Blogging tips