Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dreaming of...

We aren't really close to worry about it, but when you have wood floors you will inevitably have to refinish them. Our floors are so dark they almost border on being black and I've always loved the contrast against all our white furniture. But lately I've become enthralled with the idea of going white!

I know, I know. They aren't for everyone, and they do require upkeep. But when you see the loveliness of these rooms you may not think I'm entirely crazy. Close, but not entirely crazy.












9 comments:

Victoria said...

I've seen other bloggers post with this same dilemma and my answer is always DO IT!!!

Katie (Crazy Mama J) said...

Crazy? Maybe. Beautiful and charming floors? Yes!!!!

Unknown said...

I agree! I always tell my husband in our next house our bedroom will have crappy wood floors that i WILL paint white!

Jessica said...

We have black floors and while I do love them...these white floors are gorgeous! This may be our next venture!

Unknown said...

Do it dear! Beautiful floors are important~ ^_-*

❤ ✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤
Rinako

primjillie said...

I painted our wood bathroom floors white and they were my fav in the whole house! Go for it!

Unknown said...

I love white floors, but they can look a bit stark. Being a Scan design fan (more country Swedish) I love the bleached floors you see in that kind of tradition, and Ikea:) Less paint and you see the grain of the wood. I'm not into high maintenance cleaning either. I do it myself... Little Homestead in Boise

Shawn said...

I saw you should go for it! You can add a colorful runner/rug over the floor and it will pop! I love the look of the all white room!

Nicki said...

These pictures sure make it tempting...they all feel so fresh!

 
Blogging tips