Monday, January 13, 2014

Things that Make Me Happy

I didn't really have a chance to scope out the after Christmas sales thanks to that flu I've endlessly mentioned, but last week I made a small trip into the mall while Wren was at school. It was during a Target run (my closest Target is actually in the mall, not a good combo for the bank account!!) so I picked up a handful of goodies. Here are those treats as well as a few little moments I've savored of late.

I finally got myself a disco ball! (on clearance for $2.64 at SuperStore) I decided I NEEDED one ever since I saw Ashley's. But disco balls don't just pop up all that often, so I had no idea when I would finally make the acquisition. Well, mission accomplished and I am thrilled with it!
 photo IMG_9191_zps34b54d54.jpg 

{ a selection of fresh fudge always makes things better }
 photo IMG_9165_zps82a7328d.jpg 

{ cute mouse slippers from Urban Outfitters (that I totally intend to wear outside when Spring debuts). Kind of cheesy for a 30 year old? maybe, but I am gonna rock them regardless. Bad pun intended folks }
 photo IMG_9220_zps17c7b7b1.jpg 

{ beautiful hyacinth and daffodil bulbs, transplanted into a couple of leftover candle containers. I have a ton of them laying around thanks to my endless candle addiction so I have decided to give them a reincarnation this spring}
 photo IMG_9187_zpsf63ae32a.jpg 

{ a perfectly slouchy sweater (found on sale at Gap here), complete with elbow patches that should carry me through the end of Winter }
 photo IMG_9204_zps44993052.jpg

I hope you are having a happy and fantastic day, and feel free to share some of the things making you happy right now!! Sharing is caring guys.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I love all of these little things, especially the candle jars turned plant pots I should do that!

xoxo
Stacey
Five Minute Style 

Nicole said...

Your posts...love them, happiness always is right here in the fun lane!

At this moment two little girls and giggles down the hall, pink balloons, crisp sheets, crock pot meals, red wine and bubbly leave me in a state of constant bliss!

Have a terrific evening~
Nicole

Unknown said...

Love candles as well especially ones with beautiful containers. Bought quite a few in the sales. Also I have always wanted a French chair for my lounge and found one on sale so I'm very happy!!

Unknown said...

I also bought the GAP jumper, love it. I didn't think I'd get much use out of it as I live in Doha but our winter has been quite cold so it's become a staple.

Allison said...

Hope you are feeling better Holly! That disco ball is certainly fun! It brings a touch of whimsy, sparkle and glamour to a room. You look cute and cozy in your new sweater.

Heather Marie said...

loved reading these little things that make you happy! it is a great way to reflect on all of these things that make up our life. it is easy to forget what brings us joy!

 
Blogging tips