Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oh the weather outside is frightful

I whole heartedly agree with this sentiment, but in my case replace the tea with a Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate!
As we've discussed, I am a big book junkie! So I thought it was about time I keep my collection under control and much more share-friendly. I know I've borrowed plenty of books and they've turned up a few months later and I forget their owner, but somehow it never occurred to me to plate my books.
Until now! I found these cute book plates (80 plates in various designs) on clearance for $2 at Anthropologie a few weeks ago and I decided to make it my mission to get them all in my books today.
It's funny because this month has been unseasonably warm here, but for some reason I can't seem to shake a constant chill this week. Maybe I'm getting cold feet about turning 28 tomorrow!
Who knows but Sean is fed up with me wearing tuques inside the house all day and night.
Wish me luck as I gain a whole year at midnight tonight!!

16 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Today is mine. I love me some Capricorns!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Happy Birthday! I just found these for my daughters stocking...adorable aren't they and loved the bargain price!

Fiona, Lilyfield Life said...

I'm in Australia and it's meant to be summer and our weather is pretty frightful also! I'm hoping it clears up for Christmas day so the kids can swim. Happy birthday and merry Christmas
Cheers Fiona
Www.lilyfieldlife.blogspot.com

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Happy almost birthday. I turn 28 in February!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday. It's really not so bad turning 28. Just think...30 is around the corner.

SCARY THOUGHT!

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Holly!!

xoxo
Stacey

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! It's also my daughter birthday tomorrow! She'll be 5. :)

Kristy said...

Ahh mine is tomorrow, too! But it's #35, ouch. Love that CS Lewis quote - it would be soo perfect for my MIL. I wonder if Anthropologie still has them??

Christina said...

happy birthday!!! I just turned 26...not too far away :) Hope it's wonderful!!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! And it's your birthday so your allowed to wear whatever you like!

Holly Austin said...

Happy Birthday! I just turned 28 on the 19th (this past Monday). Hope you have a great day!!

Leslie G said...

Happy birthday! I turn 28 on the 30th. :)
I love bookplates, too. I'd love to put those little pockets with library cards (old school check out style) in all my books. I always thought it was cool to have a record of who has read a certain book.

kaylan said...

happy birthday (tomorrow)! i've been wearing toques inside for weeks. it's the only way i can keep warm in the winter.

Shauna said...

It has been above seasonal temps here too in Ontario..but last night walking the dog in the rain got me pretty chilly (must of been just above zero). Anyways; happy birthday! :)

Beth said...

Happy Birthday. I too will be 28 in February. Love your blog!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday!!! I turned 28 on July 4, it's no big deal :)

 
Blogging tips