Monday, May 20, 2013

Powder Room Plans

 Yes, I just got done with 8 months worth of renos at ParkView, but my brain never stops and I think it is time to add a little more pizzazz to our powder room. This was actually our first reno. EVER. We ripped it apart 3 days before Wren made her unexpected debut. We threw it back together on a shoe string budget and with a steep learning curve (back when we were DIY newbies!).

This is it today. Clean, fresh, but nothing exciting. I've had the urge to sprinkle it with some character lately.


Speaking of character, it had a ton in it's hey day. Just not my kind of character, I guess. I will never forget pulling down what felt like MILES AND MILES of wall paper in this house when we bought it. I may have sworn that I'd never put some poor future generation through that, but I am going to break my own vow and re-paper it. SORRY future owners. Or you're welcome, I guess, if you like it!

Here is my game plan: use the same pedestal, toilet and fixtures. Just add a new mirror, switch out the light, and wall paper it up! It will take a little sweat equity but the total investment is actually really minimal. The biggest splurge was the paper ($125), but I think it is the perfect mix of happy, fun, and modern. Which will perfectly offset the new rustic light and mirror.




 photo powderupdate_zpsa5cc8c84.jpg

1 / 2 / 3  here and here / 4

And if you were looking for sources on anything at Parkview, have no fear I am working on a separate post with everything. 

Ciao my bellas!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awesome! I'm using the same wallpaper to refinish my Mum's bathroom in July!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Girl it's gonna be GORGEOUS!

Douglas said...

That's fantastic. I love the feminine paper with the vintage/industrial light and the rustic mirror. Such a beautiful juxtapose. Can't wait! Marissa

Sarah @ 20 State said...

Light, mirror, wallpaper trifecta! When you done, could you please take a look around my shack and give me some advice? I'll make coffee and cake!

Jackie said...

LOVE that wallpaper! Layla from The Lettered Cottage just posted a redo of her guest bathroom with the same paper (but in a different color scheme!) - it's definitely feeling the love across the internet!

 
Blogging tips