Thursday, May 30, 2013

Friday

The scent of fresh lilac is magical in my world. I find that every spring when I smell it again it actually feels like the first time, never have I ever found anything comes remotely close to accurately capturing that aroma. I am packing today for a little getaway with the Mr. (our first EVER since Wren was born) and I am mourning the fact that when we return my beloved lilacs will be done. I know it is just the beginning of a beautiful summer, but I think the late days of spring may actually be my very favorite time of year with their long days and fresh buds filling the air.

 photo _MG_5488_zpsd48d3f9e.jpg

It is also the time of year we start seeing unexpected afternoon thunderstorms and showers roll in. Cooling the day down and somehow sharpening the fragrant air. A good excuse to cuddle as we listen to the thunder and plan what adventures our next day will hold. 
 photo _MG_5510blog_zpsa0c058f1.jpg 

Yup, when I return those days will be long gone, replaced by the lazy, hot days of summer. Which are a close second in my hierarchy of seasons. 

I am excited, thrilled and nervous about our getaway. I know it will be relaxing and filled with fun but it is kind of hard to picture more than a day or two without my buddy. Maybe more experienced moms can reassure me that it flies by and we will have the time of our life ( which I know she will be doing while she stays with her Nanny and Papa). I want to send a super-de-duper appreciative thank you to a beautiful blog-friend who is making it a little easier to part. Reem designs and makes beautiful evil eye bracelets for both moms and their mini-me's and Wren and I will both be wearing ours as our way of reminding each other that we are always safe and loved, even if we aren't together. I have a longtime good friend who is from Egypt who also gave me an evil eye necklace a long time ago as well so it holds an extra special spot in my heart. 

THANKS AGAIN REEM!! definitely check out her etsy shop ReemAndI.

 photo _MG_5053_zpsb26d2333.jpg

I probably won't be doing much DIY next week, but I promise to pop in a few times.
Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Try Phlox! They are a the closest I have found to the smell of lilacs all summer.

Jenna said...

Try Phlox! They are a the closest I have found to the smell of lilacs all summer.

Laurie said...

Enjoy!! Nothing like a little get away to energize you and your sweetie.

Rainbow And The Millers said...

Have a wonderful trip! What sweet bracelets!

Rainbow And The Millers said...

Have you looked into the meaning and history of evil eye jewelry? It's interesting.

Unknown said...

I so agree about lilacs! I once read somewhere that out of all our senses, smell is the only one that is so fused with our memory. Smelling lilacs in the spring always takes me back to my childhood.

Stacey said...

I love the idea of those bracelets!! Enjoy your trip!

xoxo
Stacey

Five Minute Style 

The S's beach house said...

(Why am I just seeing this?)

It means so much to me that you and your Wren are enjoying them! Glad you had a fabulous time, you deserve it!

XOXO, Reem

The S's beach house said...

PS would you mind if I used your O so adorable photo for my shop?

 
Blogging tips