Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Getting Party Ready

 

Sorry if my posting is a little sporadic this week! We are in full party prep mode. Of course, I do update once or twice a day on Instagram as well, but if you don't see me around here much before the weekend this is why.

One thing Wren and I have been doing this week is hangning decorations. Honeycomb balls are all the rage right now, and while I would love to scoop some up I found the very next best thing.

Vintage honeycomb wedding bells.
 

I remember seeing these at weddings all through the late eighties and early nineties, and then I forgot about them. Until I found this giant treasure trove of them in a bag at the Salvation army for $2.99

I loved that there was a whole assortment of happy colors, and miraculously they all seem to coordinate quite well. I know I never would have pulled all these colors together but they somehow work!
 

We are clearing furniture out of the living room and just leaving it open for the girls to have a ball in. Literally. They are having a royal ball. Then I am bringing in some random chairs and blankies and letting the girls build a 'castle' fort to hang out in.
 

So these should be the perfect backdrop to all the magical adventures. I wound some more of my clearance holiday garland on the strands to give the girls some sparkle.
 

Meanwhile the dining room light fixture has an impromptu 'center piece' hanging from it as well.

We still have a few little touches to add to get this place princess ready, but my little princess is already bouncing about her castle in delight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! You should leave them up all year ;)

bagfashionista said...

how is it that you find the coolest things at your thrift store? or perhaps i'm not just looking hard enough at mine...hmmm...

looks fantastic, holly!

Stacey said...

You just have the most amazing taste in everything Holly! I need you to throw me a party!

xoxo
Stacey

Five Minute Style 

Dawn @ Inspired Living said...

This was fun to see, b/c I'm planning a first birthday over here for my son....I find I gravitate towards the girly crafty decorations, though! These bells were the perfect find.

Sounds like the girls are going to have a blast.

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

Oh be still my heart! Those girlies are going to have an amazing time!

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Those wedding bells are fabulous... it's going to be the best party ever!

~Chris

Silver Lining Decor said...

Wow! What a lucky find! Those are so beautiful and I love the colors. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

So beautiful! I never thought of decorating with bells!!!

 
Blogging tips