Thursday, February 20, 2014



It's about that time! A little round up of the bits and bobs that are making me extra happy. 

I understand the concept of coffee table books, but I have never actually bought one until a couple weeks ago. Is this normal for a decor blogger?? Every book ever set on my coffee table was purchased foremost as a book I wanted to read, and while this one does look interesting ( you will see what I mean in the next photo. Thank me later), the bold, graphic text and size of the book are what actually caught my attention and swayed me to bring it home. 

 photo IMG_9569_zps87153e34.jpg

 photo IMG_9570_zpsceaf35a7.jpg

Do we think this means I'm officially a grown up? I'm pretty sure coffee table books are one of the requirements.
 photo IMG_9575_zps2c1fa78c.jpg

[ a new bottle of olive oil ] 
Something about this bottle just makes me feel like a better chef. Although I must still be a pretty poor one because I can't remember the brand of it for the life of me.
 photo IMG_9698_zps372e1186.jpg

We have a boat load of birthdays in February so I loaded up on cards at Plum Home a couple weeks ago. I am totally in love with these Egg Press cards. They are so cute you could frame one!
 photo IMG_9672_zps227b9353.jpg

These little drinking glasses from Ikea are so freaking adorable that I threw a couple in my cart just to use around the house as pencil holders and little pots. The colors are so happy and the price is right at $2.
 photo IMG_9764_zps47237bd9.jpg

I hope my little roundup brings a smile to you as well!
What are the little things making you happy this week?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Nice collection of happy things! Love the wee garland.

We recently received a first coffee table book--a giant photo tribute of wrestler Mohammad Ali! It was given to my husband. Surprisingly, I actually like how it brings some masculinity into a mostly "pretty" space, and it made me realize there is joy in making the home reflect my husband's interests, too.

floating thru fields said...

coffee table books are always exciting! those cards are cute and that little banner in the potted plants are so cute :)

 
Blogging tips