Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cottage Library Dresser

Ughh, I am convinced that I have a camera ghost! I went to go retrieve the before shot of this dresser and there was nothing to be seen on my memory card. Or maybe Wren just got ahold of it the camera again...

It was just your standard, tacky, 70's dresser with chunky gold hardware. Nothing new round here.



I used a white that has just a hint of cream to it. But I wanted a really silky finish to contrast with the distressing.

You all know about my affinity for library-esque hardware!! With chunkier pieces like this one I really love that look. And the pewter hardware is just the perfect finish to feel old and well-loved.

It was another brief love affair but it was great while it lasted, lovely dresser!

Hope your weekend isn't as cold and wet as ours has been!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Our weather is TERRIBLE today - heavy rain non stop. And I had so much I needed to get done today.

It's depressing!

Red Door Home said...

Looks beautiful as always!

Pudel-design said...

Oh i love the result!
Really pretty and the glossy look of the piece is perfect!
;)

Kiri said...

This is SO gorgeous Holly! I share your love of library-esque hardware! I am constantly amazed with the way you can turn ugly old furniture into beautiful pieces...you are definitely an inspiration! Have a great day :)
~Kiri

the old white house said...

I love that hardware too, it looks perfect! Theresa

1 Funky Woman said...

Loving it and the hardware! What paint did you use? I need a creamy white.

Momma Rhyne said...

Love the library pieces!!

I have found the cup bin pulls but I cant seem to find the label pulls. Where did you get yours?

Erin Deegan said...

beautiful dresser... really love it! hope your weather improves... finally some good days here in chicago!

Erin @ The Little Apartment said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing all that you do, such an inspiration.

The Pennington Point said...

You did a wonderful job. I love appreciating the old furniture like our grandparents had, but making it our style. Lisa~

Jennifer said...

Just beautiful. You're work is such an inspiration!

Ivy Lane said...

That piece is stunning! I love the driftwood hanging above... I hope your weather improves!! We are lucky enough to be having wall to wall sunshine and temps in the 80's this weekend... Hope it comes your way~

Kerry said...

What a lovely piece - we have a similar chunky old dresser that we stained a glossy black and we just polished up the old hardware so it's more silver looking. Would love to get some beautiful pulls like the ones you used, it would completely change the look of it!
We've had a HOT and sunny weekend... perfect for getting stuff done outdoors...

Anonymous said...

Another great transformation. I am using this as inspiration for my own dresser re-do today.

Ashley said...

Looks great! How do you keep the paint from being sticky?

 
Blogging tips