Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I'm Doing What?

title
It's been busy here! Between enjoying the first real Holiday season weekend, lots of helping at Wren's school, and getting ready for a couple birthdays this month I feel like the days are blending together. But I find myself savoring special moments more and enjoying the simplicity of little things when I take the time to document it. So while I have been updating many of these moments on Instagram as they happen, I love adding them to my virtual scrapbook (aka my blog). 


Mornings are COLD right now. And dark. Don't let our pretty snow fool you, it is a wasteland up here in the tundra! LOTS of hot cocoa and mochas are my only line of defense right now. And a fistful of marshmallows does a soul good.
inthefunlane 

The one thing I have been LOVING is holiday party season! We had a big party to attend this past weekend and the next few look equally glitzy. I am not really a big holiday outfit shopper so I am trying my hardest to rework and juggle some pieces around into multiple outfits (we will be seeing the same people at several events). These Zara heels from last winter have the perfect amount of sparkle for me, just on the heels.
inthefunlane 

Wren and I are getting our bake on! She is the perfect age for helping, and the decorating part is beyond fun for her. I am glad that we have so many giggles and fun in the kitchen, it is exactly what I hoped and dreamed for when we started our reno journey years ago.
inthefunlane 

And speaking of Wren, I love doing little surprises for her. I've said it before, but we don't buy a lot of toys in our house. She has a LOT of books, games and craft supplies but brand new toys only happen as gifts on birthdays, Christmas and Easter. So little surprises like finding her bedroom filled with balloons when she comes home from school so she can pretend she's flying in the clouds are very appreciated and I hope will give her memories to cherish.
inthefunlane 

If you were to ever ask me what I'm listening to, I'd tell you that I have his three CD album locked on repeat. 
(but I doubt anyone would  ask)
inthefunlane 

What else am I doing? Devouring boxes of Salted Toffee Cheesecake Pops, of course. 

and wearing thermal underwear. Lots of thermal underwear. 
inthefunlane 

Finally, I just started a new book. I love a mystery! And a warm blankie. And a fresh cup of mocha. 

Let's be honest, this cup stays full all day.
inthefunlane

So that's the long and short of my last couple weeks. What have you been up to?

9 comments:

kat said...

I love a good mystery and old books! Off to see if I can find out more about this particular one ... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm always looking to improve my cup of hot cocoa and a cup of mocha.

Whats in your cup?

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

You take the best pics! LOVE your heels!!!

Rachael said...

What a sweet idea in Wren's room with the balloons. I think I'll have to borrow your idea - my son would love that. We also don't buy a lot of toys but man, it's still amazing how they accumulate. Looks like a very charming scene up in the tundra!

carli said...

Looks like you're getting into the holiday spirit nicely Holly! Here in Calgary it's been super cold too!! I have to agree, the snow can make the holiday seem magical, but it also makes it so that my coffee cup is always full, my fireplace constantly stoked and layers an essential day to day staple :) Stay warm!

April said...

hmmf...would have never taken you for a "weekend" kinda gal... surprise ,surprise! Love those heels too!

Unknown said...

Carli, I hole you guys dodged the insane snow we had today!

Thanks so much Andi!!

April, I have a few surprising musical obsessions ;p The Weeknd is near the too though! Gotta support my fellow canadians!

Unknown said...

It's summer here so looking forward to spending time outside and having fun decorating the house.love reading your posts.

Anonymous said...

Looooove him!!!

 
Blogging tips