Monday, September 10, 2012

Things That Make Me Happy



{ homegrown snacks }
My Mom bought Wren a tomato plant at the start of the Summer and for the last few months Wren has been a wonderful little gardener. I am sad I can't enjoy the fruits of her labor with her (tomato allergy), but cherry tomatoes have become her go-to snack the past 3 weeks. 

{ a little good luck }
they say it takes 90% hard work and 10% good luck to be successful. If that's true than it doesn't hurt to have a horse shoe hanging around! Wren and I made this one as part of our wedding gift to my cousin Jocelyne and her new husband Kyle who got married this past weekend. It was especially fitting since the Bride came riding down the aisle on her horse, Ben!
 

{ the dollar store }
I hadn't been in a dollar store in years until just this past year when Wren developed an insatiable appetite for balloons. But they have some pretty amazing finds in there! Our next batch of cupcakes will be extra cute with these dollar store cupcake liners.


{ pencil crayons }
I am so happy to be transitioning out of crayons in our house!!! No more broken crayons, little shreds of paper from taking the wrappers off, etc. 
 

{ salt bowls }
These tiny little plates are so dainty and cute! I found the stack of them for a couple quarters and they make perfect little jewellery dishes. I haven't put much thought into other possible uses, but I have no doubt they will be spotted around the house in different ways.

These are just a few of the things making me smile today.

What is making you happy?

9 comments:

Apron Girl said...

I really love those salt bowls. I almost picked up a similar set yesterday and now I am having regrets. I should have snagged them. I love your blog it is very colorful and inspiring. Following you on Bloglovin!

www.homesweetabode.blogspot.com

Deborah said...

Love those dollar store cupcake liners!

Haley {A Dash of Kennedy} said...

Hi Holly! I just posted some fun little finds that my mom and I found at our favorite antique shop! I'd love to hear any ideas you have on the drawers we purchased sans dresser!?

http://adashofkennedy.blogspot.com/2012/09/let-there-be-cake.html

Unknown said...

Those salt bowls make me happy, Great find! ...and also sharp pencils.

Unknown said...

love your horseshoe idea! so darling :)

Melinda said...

Sunshine today is making me so so so happy - Im about to burst.

Its been a long grey wet winter downunder and this is one of the very first bursts of spring - OMG it is good

a happy day to you to Holly xx

Restyled Vintage said...

Are pencil crayons coloured pencils? I buy my kids the winding crayons, they are awesome and no paper scraps with those!

bec said...

all these would make me happy too!
my recent beach day certainly put a smile on my dial...
nothing quite like salty skin and sandy toes...
Bec x

Lesa said...

YOUR BLOG makes me happy; i begin my day reading my favorite blogs EARLY in the morning. You are adorable and even the name of your blog brings a SMILE. Happy Day TO YOU.
Blessings, Lesa

 
Blogging tips