Thursday, September 29, 2011

Paint perfect

I know that greys can be such a toughie when picking a wall color. Some are cold, some are too purple, some are beautiful under the flourescent lights at the store (and not at home!), and some are.... well, perfect!

You know I love me some white, but I think white makes a much more dramatic impact when there is a little contrast and grey is usually that color for me. It is soft, gentle and neutral. But since our family room only gets East light (aka morning light) which can be cool, specially in winter months, I wanted a warm toned, beige based grey. I am so glad that I went with sample cans first in here and lived with all of them for 2 weeks to get a feel for what I really wanted. Right off the bat 3 of them just didn't look like I envisioned them (1, 3, 4). I love those colors, just not for here. So it came down to dark and dramatic No.2 and simple No.5.

In the end No.5 was my choice, which you can see in the entire room just a couple posts below. It is definitely the perfect warm beige for this room, and at night with the new recessed lighting is really is cozy and inviting. But I am definitely looking for the perfect place/thing to go to town with No.2 on because that color is amazing, just a little dark for us up here in the North where the sun is known to set at like 3 in the winter.


In the event you have been hunting for the perfect grey and like any of the colors above here are all the details:

No.1 is CIL Snowfield
No. 2 is Martha Stewart Bedford Gray
No. 3 is CIL Touch of Grey
No. 4 is CIL Whiter Shade
No. 5 is CIL Barley Beige

AND please please please don't forget you still have 2 days to make a donation for my Run for the Cure. Just think, if every follower donated $1 we would be making such an amazing contribution!!!




6 comments:

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

LOVE #5!! Thanks for the paint info~ xo

turquoise22 said...

number 4. definitely.

Bianca (ivylovesjack) said...

perfect choice i think too. so worth painting with the samples like you have, i MUST do that next time. it's all looking beautiful.

Fiona, Lilyfield Life said...

I'd chosen 5 for the wall and 2 for accents somewhere else also, before i'd even read your post! it's going to look gorgeous. (oh just scrolled down and it DOES look gorgeous!
cheers fiona
www.lilyfieldlife.blogspot.com

kat said...

The color you selected looks beautiful! I have the MS Bedford Gray in my bedroom, and love it.

Unknown said...

I know you said you picked 5, but 4 would have been it for me. I would like a little more contrast and the dark color is just too much. It's your room!!! I am sure you made the correct choice!

 
Blogging tips