Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Spring Staples

 photo _MG_4251_zpsaf044bac.jpg

I may be jumping the gun a *little* but I am in a Spring wardrobe mindset. I need to install a window in our closet because when I dress myself in there I feel so happy and ready for the warm weather, but when I come out dressed like it is 80 degrees outside I have to turn around and march right back in when reality hits. Excluding next week (because we have our Scrap Week happening), I thought we could talk about our Spring fashion ideas/purchases every week or so... until it is actually Spring outside and we can wear them (if this doesn't apply to you, please do me a favor and don't rub it in).

Today's 3 my Spring Wardrobe Staples are...


1. Baggy Army Pants.

 photo _MG_3665_zps3fde6cb9.jpg

I didn't realize I didn't get a photo of the ankle area, but I love that these can zip up or unzip around the ankle, allowing me to get them up to capri-pant height when the weather dictates. I have ALWAYS loved a good, slouchy pair of fatigues but these are beyond soft and silky. I picked them up at Zara a couple weeks back on sale for $39 and cannot wait to pair them with some wedges or heels and a glam top!

{ now when will Spring finally appear? }
 photo _MG_3686_zpsa04c9731.jpg

2. Maxi Skirts/Dresses

Who doesn't love feeling like a princess? I always do when I'm wearing a floor length dress or skirt, except when I wear this one because I feel like a mermaid. I am OBSESSED with the Mermaid Maxi Skirt  (click here to check it out) from Tailor & Stylist (did I mention it is only $24.95??? and they have free shipping?!). It drapes beautifully and I have paired with everything from a simple t-shirt and jean jacket to a sweater to a leather motorcycle jacket. It is super versatile (just maybe not so good for puddle jumping).
 photo _MG_4371_zpsbd15b170.jpg


3. Wellingtons

 photo _MG_4267_zps3292a999.jpg

Once the snow starts to melt around here forget about wearing stylish footwear for fear of ruining them. Wellies are the only option. I bought my last pair over 2 years ago and they still look brand new thanks to the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (what can't that thing do?). This time I went with a versatile navy boot, but the hit of red ribbon on the backside makes my heart flutter! I love that I can change out the ribbon easily as well if I so desire. I got my new women's wellies from Joules, and it was my first experience with them. All I can say is that the packaging alone is dreamy (the pattern in my post header is from the bag and box the boots arrived in) and the boots are so fun I am finding it hard to not order 5 more pairs with all the cute colors and patterns they have.
 photo _MG_4272_zps0a0e44a2.jpg

Stay tuned for my next round of Spring Staples!

But in the meantime, what additions has your closet seen for Spring?

14 comments:

Katy said...

What is the link to the maxi skirt?

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Katy! I link the word Mermaid Maxi Skirt, but have added a link behind it as well in the post.

Holly

JoLynn said...

LOVE those boots! I couldn't find them anywhere to buy {in stores or online} here in the U.S., so I ended up buying Hunter rain boots {which I also love}. Did you order them online? Also, I love your long, grey sweater with them! Cute!

thenerdykatie said...

I NEED those boots!

Stacey said...

Those wellies are so cute!! I always forget to go into the Joules store, but they have such cute pieces!

xoxo
Stacey

Five Minute Style 

Anonymous said...

What about the cute stripped shirt in the Wellies photo? Love that, can you share where you bought it?

Robyn said...

Love your sweater in the last picture? May I have the details please??? thanks

Unknown said...

JoLynn, I linked them in the post, and they are from Joules.com if you are still interested

Hope you enjoy your Hunters!!

Unknown said...

Bobbi Jo the striped dress is by Rebecca Taylor from a couple years ago but you may find one on Ebay still!

Unknown said...

Hi Robyn, the sweater is from Abercrombie and Fitch! I bet it is on sale by now too~

Ingrid said...

Thank you so much Holly - I just ordered that skirt for myself! :)

Mary said...

Cute skirt! What size is yours and what size do you normally wear, you look itty bitty- size 2?

Unknown said...

Hi Mary,
I usually wear a size 26/27 Jean and got a medium in the skirt ;)

Leighann said...

I'm stylishly defunct (is that a phrase?) I just signed up for something called Stitch Fix where they send you items (after filling out a very detailed style preference profile). I buy what I want and send the rest back. Best part is they send you a style card with each item to show you what to pair it with. Seriously. I need this because my staple outfit is jeans and t-shirt.

 
Blogging tips