Saturday, December 18, 2010

December Candle of the Month

Photobucket
A little late, but better than never! Our candle of the month this month is Winter Moss by Porridge. I believe these candles are made specially for Anthropologie and I can't seem to locate a link for it, but if you are near a store I did see that they were on sale now for $14 which sure beats the $32 tag I had.
It came in this adorable little bag and with some smart clipping I think I can get the tag off gently and save it for future gifts or storage.
Photobucket
The candle itself has a very earthy holiday scent. I would describe it as a muted christmas tree smell, mixed with a few wood-sy notes.
Photobucket
The packaging didn't specify a burn time but based on the use mine has gotten I would estimate it in the 45-55 hour range. Definitely on the low side for a $32 candle but decent for $14.
Photobucket
If you are christmas tree-less this year I highly recommend it because you get all the smells of the holiday without the clean up!

8 comments:

Sarah A said...

Beautiful candle and I just love the little storage bag!

Sarah x

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

That's stunning, love the styling too!! We're big on candles here too, love Posie

Amanda said...

pretty little jar that candle is in. and i've been dying for lasts months featured candle ever since. it is AMAZING. let's hope Santa got the memo. :)

Rebecca said...

I might be the odd ball here...but can I just say how much I LOVE the moss LOL?! I just finished taking a whole course on bryophytes this semester so I must admit I have a weird obsession with these guys!!! I'm considering turning my whole backyard into a moss garden since they are soooo much easier to look after than grass!!! SOFTER and no mowing involved :D

Kate Nyquist said...

i am an absolute candle fanatic! i don't know if your December candle is available in Australia- probably not. my favourite candle brand is 'Glasshouse' and i am currently burning 'Night before Christmas- dancing sugarplums'.
Merry Christmas!

Karena said...

This candle is adorable, and the sale price is very nice as well!

Joyeaux Noel!

I have a new giveaway from My Sparrow, do come and enter!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Rachael said...

You probably already employ this trick with your candles- trimming your wick 1/4 an inch before burning really adds to the life of your candle. I trim all my candles - even my tea lights - right when I get them so I don't have to think about it when replacing containers and I can say with assurance that this trick really does help my candles live fuller lives. Happy holidays!

Pain SUX said...

Wow, those are wonderful!!!

I'm your newest follower, and I'll be back often, I can tell already, lol.

I'd love it if you'd follow me back when you get a chance.

~Steph
http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com

 
Blogging tips