Saturday, April 17, 2010

I am sooo happy to finally have this table out of the garage!!! It is a really cool antique drop leaf dining table that has a beautiful double pedestal base. But it was in pretty sad shape.


You guys already know how much I love drop leaf tables, particularly as side tables and night stands with the leaves down. Using it as an entry table is perfect too since we always tend to plop down piles of stuff as we walk in the door.

Once my tulips pass their expiry date I can already envision a beautiful, grand arrangement of spring branches taking center stage.

I really wanted to let the original ebony finish underneath peek through because it is such a stunning contrast from the white.


It would be great in a small eat in kitchen as well, or as a library table with two elegant wing back chairs pulled up~
The possibilites are truly endless when you have the flexibility of extending the table or leaving it so compact.

I should have it up on White Berry later today.

11 comments:

Cindy said...

i really love the picture on the wall. the table looks great!!..cindy

dedeetsyshop said...

That table is great! I too, love drop leaf tables!! The paint job is superb!

Trisha said...

That exact table was my husband and I's 1st piece of furniture! We were lucky enough to have 2 chairs that came with it! It is such a beautiful piece in white, we painted ours black and just LOVE it! I'm sure it will go quickly, good work!:)

Beth said...

Wow...beautiful, love that table! It's perfect in white!
Beth

Lovely Little Nest said...

Such a cute table!

Question/Suggestion: Have you considered adding a SEARCH bar to your blog? It would be very useful for us readers who like to look back over previous projects! :)

Unknown said...

Natalie, I REALLY want to add a search feature! I think I need to go back and tag posts using key words and get my web designer to rig something up because I love using those on other blogs~

Rebecca Timson said...

wow wow wow... what an incredibly beautiful space!!!

I love everything about this- the painting, the colours... Wow wow wow!!!!

Ta'

Beq
http://beqdesign.blogspot.com/

Kansas Amy said...

It's beautiful!! I LOVE it!! Stop by to enter my 100th post giveaway if you get a chance! Happy blogging!

Timeless Style Design said...

Beautiful!... and the way you've styled it with the painting off-centre is just gorgous. These photos should be in a magazine!

Booklinks said...

I am so happy I found your blog!
So many beautiful things to see.
Love the table!!!

The Pennington Point said...

Wow this turned out great. The owner will be so happy with it....I love a table that can go anywhere. Great job! Lisa~

 
Blogging tips