Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Update

As expected, we had a blast on Saturday! Our first stop a was handmade glass bead fair that was held by a group of local glass bead artists where I picked up these adorable little beads! I want to put them on a simple silver necklace as charms. My mom also picked up a whole bunch of really adorable beads that she has asked my Aunt to turn into a bracelet for the baby so I will share pics of that once I see the finished product.
Toadstool:

Hedgehog:
I also found some great things at the Antique Mall. There was a wide variety of bevelled mirrors so I happily bought some for a feature wall I would like to either do in our master bedroom or in the baby's room (pictures to come). Several larger pieces of furniture were very tempting to take home but I held off for further mark downs and to do some measuring before hand. I also snagged this original oil painting that I fell in love with called "Lonesome Cove". The only problem was the old dingy frame, which a fresh coat of paint and some distressing easily turned into a perfect fit for our living room.
Before:
After:
Distressing on detailing:

1 comment:

Helen said...

Those keyrings are just too cute! I can't wait to see pics of the baby room!

I am holding a nursery pictures contest on my site until Jan 2009. Come over and enter!

Enter here

You can win a $75 gift certificate from PinkTaffyDesigns if you win and your baby's room will be featured on my home page.

 
Blogging tips